Gloss (www.glosstech.io) is a successful U.S. Digital Marketing Agency founded in 2007, with a full-time staff in the Philippines since 2008.
We are seeking a Controller with the following availability:
- Start immediately on a freelance basis.
- Following the initial project, continue on either a part-time basis OR (subject to our growth), be offered the opportunity to join us on a permanent full-time basis.
- Must be able to work from home in the Philippines.
- At least 5 years experience is required.
- Xero Certification is required.
- Proven experience helping web development & digital marketing agencies is required.
- Knowledge of Stripe platform is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Extremely strong organizational skills & keen attention to detail.
- 100% commitment to being accountable for your work.
- Can work partially in US Time (schedule is flexible)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & USE CASES
- Must demonstrate proven experience handling bookkeeping, accounting, and financial management across a diverse set of agency project types, billing triggers, and reporting requirements:
- Monthly recurring billing, e.g. new client/subscription setup, failed credit card transactions, subscription cancellations, subscription upgrades/downgrades/proration, etc...
- Installment/milestone billing, e.g. accommodating varying percentage payments triggered by project milestones/deliverables.
- Actual-time-based billing, e.g. capped ("not to exceed") projects, uncapped projects, etc...
- Out-of-scope billing, e.g. documenting/capturing additional work not included in the given original project scope.
- Capture and report on project level profitability by incorporating associated labor costs, timesheets, etc...
- Recommend, create, and update SOPs related to billing/invoicing procedures and processes, including the handling of various payment methods, e.g. credit card, ACH, physical check.
- Coordinate and dialog with various company individuals and departments as necessary (e.g. dev team, project management, marketing, CEO) to support overall financial management.
- Manage accounts receivable and collections.
- Cash-flow management and projections, including both known payables/receivables, as well as incorporating projected payables/receivables, e.g. sales forecasts, budgets, etc...
- Recommend, create, and update financial reports to facilitate sound decision-making, enable better planning, and support overall company growth.
- Recommend, create, and update internal checks and controls to eliminate errors, maximize efficiencies, and ensure sound financial management.
- Manage bank reconciliation, month-end reporting, and other ongoing financial management tasks as necessary.
- Recommend, create, and update new client onboarding procedures and processes to align with overall financial management requirements.
- Create/enforce uniformity within client-facing and internal documentation, i.e. invoice descriptions, project timesheets, product/service descriptions, SKUs, reports, etc...
- Proactively identify and recommend areas to enhance overall profitability.
OUR CORE VALUES & COMPANY REPUTATION
- You must live in the Philippines (please do not continue if this is not the case as we will not reply).
- You have your own computer and Internet connection (this is a home-based position).
- While it will not be required to work on a specific schedule, you must be available on an as-needed basis for calls/meetings during U.S. business hours, which will generally be no more than once per week after your initial startup phase.